Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Tale Of The Reoccuring Weather Pattern

While waiting on the Vols game to start... I wanted to talk about Lezaks Recurring Cycle. About two years ago I ran upon this article about a Fall weather pattern regenerating itself several times through the fall and winter. So to see if there was any truth to this I begin watching where and how synoptic scale patterns and storms formed and behaved across the CONUS. Low and behold I started to see what this guy was talking about.

Patterns were forming in the fall and washing theirselves out and then setting up again in a simular if not the same fashion that they set up before. I WAS AMAZED.....Now I consider this a very useful tool in Long Range Forecasting, and I think someone that uses the LRC to forecast the Long Range has a definate edge over somebody who dont.

This is how it works in general...(I wouldnt pay too much attention to the dates, because I think they can vary a couple of weeks in either direction)

1. A Unique wx pattern sets up every Fall around the first of October to the first of November.

2.Longtem longwave troughs and ridges establish theirselves over the northern hemisphere.

3.This pattern cycles and repeats itself over and over again until it slowly weakens and falls apart in the summer.

http://lrcweather.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=34:what-is-the-lrc&catid=2:lrc&Itemid=2

If this interests you I suggest you watch it happen right before your very own eyes this coming season.

And one more thing....GO VOLS

Toot



No comments:

Post a Comment